RTR ZONE
RTR ZONE
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MAKE THAT HYDRO FAST
 HYDRO PERFORMANCE ZONE
 Engine Relocation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TrEsPaSS
RTR Semi Pro

USA
264 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2010 :  5:56:47 PM  Show Profile Send TrEsPaSS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anyone ever relocate the MV engine forward / aft? Seems to me if it were located aft there would be less drag due to less cable... dunno..

TrEsPaSS
RTR Semi Pro

USA
264 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2010 :  4:43:12 PM  Show Profile Send TrEsPaSS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Was Billy's post on his new vegas that gave me the idea, noticed that the box is up front. My thought is to pull the engine aft with a shorter flex cable, put the radio box fore and two small tanks star and port, bleeding from the port tank first. Initial thought would be that the angle of the tube would be to high unless a mount was made to adjust the strut and engine mount at the same time.... whoa... my brain just exploded :)
Go to Top of Page

Billy
CERTIFIED ZONER

USA
3236 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2010 :  7:52:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Billy's Homepage  Send Billy a Yahoo! Message Send Billy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
:) LMFAO. i seen the smoke. lol

BILLY BAD ASS
Sunset Park MBC
1/8 Miss Budweiser zen 26
1/12 Miss Vegas Os.18
1/12 Pro Boat Vegas Killer os.18
Sport 20 hydro Whiplash
MRP Electric Tunnel
Calcraft mono OPS.45
31" Prather mono OS.21
41" Prather mono KB.67
42" Custom Wood John Finch Wild Thing MAC.67
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrRckings
Go to Top of Page

Rob
CERTIFIED ZONER

USA
1976 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2010 :  07:17:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage  Send Rob a Yahoo! Message Send Rob a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The radio in the front is a good idea, the engine in the stock location is a good idea too. Unbolt everything, set it up to measure the CG and start moving stuff. Make sure your tank is half full though.
Go to Top of Page

TrEsPaSS
RTR Semi Pro

USA
264 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2010 :  11:42:58 PM  Show Profile Send TrEsPaSS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rob

The radio in the front is a good idea, the engine in the stock location is a good idea too. Unbolt everything, set it up to measure the CG and start moving stuff. Make sure your tank is half full though.

Right on bro! thanks, will start it this weekend. What is the best way to measure the CG, balance it on something?
Go to Top of Page

Rob
CERTIFIED ZONER

USA
1976 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2010 :  08:39:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage  Send Rob a Yahoo! Message Send Rob a Private Message  Reply with Quote
angle aluminum, or something to create a see-saw effect
Go to Top of Page

Justme
RTR Novice

USA
54 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2010 :  11:56:25 AM  Show Profile Send Justme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
General rule of thumb, the boat should balance 1 inch aft of the sponson transoms... You will probably find it close to 2 inches if everything is in its stock location, and the tank is empty.

I moved my engine forward a little...but everything else is in its stock location. I wanted to do some more work and move the radio box forward a little too...but still keeping it in its stock orientation.

Once you get to about 37 - 38 MPH, the boat will start to want to fly. Over 40 MPH you need to add a little weight to the front. My goal is to get the boat to run right WITHOUT having to add the weight up front.
Go to Top of Page

Rob
CERTIFIED ZONER

USA
1976 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2010 :  9:55:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage  Send Rob a Yahoo! Message Send Rob a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Shooooot...... Me to man! I think that a front mounted radio and a side mounted Vs1 fuel tank is the best way to go. Havent tried that set up in a boat over 48 though.......
Go to Top of Page

JOSEPHKING1971
RTR Pro

USA
635 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2010 :  08:53:12 AM  Show Profile Send JOSEPHKING1971 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
well if ya have to add weight to the front it might as well be fuel

j KING
1 MISS ADDITUDE ELE
1-miss ADDITUDE 1 GO.18 NOT BUILT
1-miss bud 1/12 AQU.18 38 MPH
1-ul1 superior ELECTRIC 55 MPH
HAND BUILT OUT RIGGER ELE
Go to Top of Page

opio

2339 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2010 :  11:56:26 AM  Show Profile  Click to see opio's MSN Messenger address Send opio a Private Message  Reply with Quote
as you run, fuel weight goes away.
few pics of forward radio box in one of my MV's

Jeremy Glance
District 8 Namba
JAE NR.12
Cajun Bullet CMB RS .21
Miss Veges ST .18
Miss Attitude STS/NR .21

I sweat during peace, so they don't bleed during war.
All gave some, some gave All.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
RTR ZONE © 2000-08 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.59 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2