RTR ZONE
RTR ZONE
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MAKE THAT HYDRO FAST
 HYDRO PERFORMANCE ZONE
 The rebirth of miss A
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

wurster
RTR Pro

USA
605 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2009 :  1:51:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit wurster's Homepage  Send wurster a Yahoo! Message Send wurster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
over the next few months give or take this will be my post on the rebirth of my miss A.new paint new radio box maby new engine havnt decided on that yet the go .25 is sweet.so stay tuned as this build comes to gether.

opio

2339 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2009 :  11:41:04 AM  Show Profile  Click to see opio's MSN Messenger address Send opio a Private Message  Reply with Quote
sweet bro cant wait to see what you do to her now!

Jeremy Glance
District 8 Namba
JAE NR.12
Cajun Bullet CMB RS .21
Miss Veges ST .18
Miss Attitude STS/NR .21

I sweat during peace, so they don't bleed during war.
All gave some, some gave All.
Go to Top of Page

rome
RTR Pro

USA
639 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2009 :  10:44:41 PM  Show Profile  Send rome a Yahoo! Message Send rome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
what r u going to do with it

Go to Top of Page

dwilkin04
RTR Novice

USA
67 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2009 :  12:10:43 AM  Show Profile  Send dwilkin04 a Yahoo! Message Send dwilkin04 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
can't wait to see the finished product!

Go to Top of Page

Rob
CERTIFIED ZONER

USA
1976 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2009 :  09:57:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage  Send Rob a Yahoo! Message Send Rob a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dude you know Im behind when people start RE-building their Miss A's.

What Color?
Go to Top of Page

wurster
RTR Pro

USA
605 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2009 :  10:17:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit wurster's Homepage  Send wurster a Yahoo! Message Send wurster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Na Rob. I was in a big hurry to get her in the water so now im fixing the things i dont like.Mostly just the paint and radio box.I cant stand the white it looks like Shit now and there was a lot of chips in her.

Go to Top of Page

Amax

USA
2180 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2009 :  11:58:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Amax's Homepage  Send Amax a Yahoo! Message Send Amax a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Glad Ta see Ya Decided to Keep Her!!

The white Gel Coat is a Pain to Keep Clean,,No Doubt!!
We went back and forth on weather or not to offer Gel Coat colors, Or Paint, or Just White Gel Coat. We decided to Go with the white for a few reasons. Cost was a big one. Colored Gel Coat cost more than white, Decent Paint instead of the Cheap Single Stage Crap on other boats, Would put Cost way to high by the time you figure in Materials and Labor for a Paint job we could be proud to put our name on. We Figured A Lot of People will want to Personalize there Miss A. So we wanted to give them a Good Solid Foundation to work with, instead of cheap single stage paint that people would have to Strip Off to Put Nice Paint on. The Gel Coat Doesn't Peel Off it's Part of the Hull, Just Clean, Scuff, Clean, Seal, and Paint. No Worrys of Old\Cheap paint Lifting\wrinkeling or Blowing off Later.

http://www.youtube.com/user/topspeedhobbies
Go to Top of Page

wurster
RTR Pro

USA
605 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2009 :  12:33:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit wurster's Homepage  Send wurster a Yahoo! Message Send wurster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ya gell coat is way beter and i love this boat mine had alot of chips in the gel coat when i got her.And it is hard to keep clean.I had a paint scheme in mind when i got her now its winter up here i want to get her looking as good as she runs .My hull is pretty staight just a little fixing and she will be ready for paint.All your post have made me fill alot more confident im painting her.Thanx guys for all the help and in put.It will take me some time to get her done the paint i want isnt cheap and i havnt been working much.

Go to Top of Page

Amax

USA
2180 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2009 :  6:22:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Amax's Homepage  Send Amax a Yahoo! Message Send Amax a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What Paint are ya lookin for??

For those that are thinking about Tryin your hand at Painting Multi Stage Paint Jobs.
Get EXTRA Paint Especially Clear Coat, Find a Box, Poster board, Old car finder,etc,,something you can PRACTICE on, You Don't Want to be LEARNING how the Gun Sprays, while your Spraying Your Boat.

Base Coat is the easier to Spray, Most Brands go on Like Flat Black Spray Paint, they Dry Fast with a Flat or Semigloss Finish. Just Don't Get in a Hurry, Spray 2,3,or 4 Coats Don't try to spray it all on in 1 coat.

Clear Coat is a Little Trickier, But Not much. Don't get in a Hurry and try to Slick it out in 1 coat or it will Run Off Like Water.
1st Coat is a Light (DRY)Semi Glossy coat.
2nd Coat is Wetter and Should go on Fairly Slick, but not to heavy.
3rd coat (if needed) Is a WET Coat, BUT Remember,,,There is a FINE Line Between Spraying a Glass Like Finish and Running of on the Floor.

ALWAYS Allow Plenty Drying time(Flash Time) Between Coats (15 to 30 Min) the Colder it is in Your Paint Area\Booth the Longer it will take to Flash, BUT the Longer It takes to Flash the More the Paint will Flow and Slick Out.

Edited by - Amax on 11/22/2009 6:25:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

wurster
RTR Pro

USA
605 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2009 :  10:29:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit wurster's Homepage  Send wurster a Yahoo! Message Send wurster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The paint i want to use is a base coat clear coat.I have a friend who paints for a living so he said he will help me.Im just not sure what to get urathane and what clear to use for nitro safe.Hes not sure what will be best for a rc boat.Lots of chouses out there.it eill be 1 st coat of silver then a candy over the top.The paint i like is made by custom shop.Here is a linck to there site.

Go to Top of Page

Amax

USA
2180 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2009 :  06:17:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Amax's Homepage  Send Amax a Yahoo! Message Send Amax a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Any of todays Urethane Base\Clear Systems will hold up to Nitro Fuel. Thats good ya got a bud in the biz near by, even if You Spray it, it's nice to have some one there that knows whats going on.

If he has a mixing system local, I would go with that brand. I'm a "Production" Auto Painters NIGHTMARE when I get ta Playin with Mixin My Own Paint,LOL, I Like to Make my Own Recipe. If you don't have my formula Your gonna Play Hell Matchin MY Paint,,LOL. But you can make some sweet colors much cheaper than ordering paint.
Candy Colors are a colored Base then Tinted Clear Coat, then Straight Clear, some systems use a Clear Base and tint it for your candy, some tint the clear coat it self.

Go to Top of Page

wurster
RTR Pro

USA
605 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2012 :  12:39:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit wurster's Homepage  Send wurster a Yahoo! Message Send wurster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well i dont know if any one ever comes here but i still do to see if any one dose.well ive been putting miss A back to gether finally.I made new motor mounts to move the engine forward about 1 inch made a new radio box put in a smaller 6 oz tank and im going to run a 1 oz hoppet tank.im still waiting on the new stuffing tube and flex.servos and 1 oz tank,Oh i moved the rudder over 1/4 in

Go to Top of Page

wurster
RTR Pro

USA
605 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2012 :  2:34:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit wurster's Homepage  Send wurster a Yahoo! Message Send wurster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well i got the stuffing tube in and fuel plumed servo linckage done still waiting on servo and 1oz hoper tank and some fuel line for the water ,I got here running good cant wait to hit the water

Go to Top of Page

wurster
RTR Pro

USA
605 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2012 :  2:37:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit wurster's Homepage  Send wurster a Yahoo! Message Send wurster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
boxed in the stuffing tube made the bottom a lot stiffer

Go to Top of Page

rome
RTR Pro

USA
639 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2012 :  6:25:44 PM  Show Profile  Send rome a Yahoo! Message Send rome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
looking like lots of work going on you know iam still here

Go to Top of Page

wurster
RTR Pro

USA
605 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2012 :  1:19:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit wurster's Homepage  Send wurster a Yahoo! Message Send wurster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey rome ,ya lots of work its been a long time ,I got it more ballenced now and the bottom is way stiffer with the oak in the bottom .Its been like two years since i ran that engien last but it started right up.I still really like this engen,

Go to Top of Page

rome
RTR Pro

USA
639 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2012 :  6:57:31 PM  Show Profile  Send rome a Yahoo! Message Send rome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
make me want to pull mine out what side r u going to put the rudder on i see u had it on both sides at one time

Go to Top of Page

wurster
RTR Pro

USA
605 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2012 :  7:17:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit wurster's Homepage  Send wurster a Yahoo! Message Send wurster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The rudder stays on the left .The other holes are for the water inlet and outlet.it will be ready for the water monday when the 1 oz hopper tank ,servo and a couple things get here

Go to Top of Page

wurster
RTR Pro

USA
605 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2012 :  11:16:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit wurster's Homepage  Send wurster a Yahoo! Message Send wurster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well i got the rest of my parts to day servo new batt and 1 0z fuel tank ,But the tank has a leak at the seam .Its really hard plastic exept were the leak is it realy soft.So have to call tower on monday.Other than that shes ready to run agin.Ill post pics soon.

Go to Top of Page

wurster
RTR Pro

USA
605 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2012 :  10:45:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit wurster's Homepage  Send wurster a Yahoo! Message Send wurster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well got it on the water and she ran really well,Im going to get a go 21 so i can run in the sport 21 namba class and see how it dose .

Go to Top of Page

rome
RTR Pro

USA
639 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2012 :  6:15:09 PM  Show Profile  Send rome a Yahoo! Message Send rome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
thats still the 25 in there that u ran no vids

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2  Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
RTR ZONE © 2000-08 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.77 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2