RTR ZONE
RTR ZONE
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MAKE THAT HYDRO FAST
 HYDRO PERFORMANCE ZONE
 Opio's Miss A
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

JOSEPHKING1971
RTR Pro

USA
635 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2009 :  10:13:30 PM  Show Profile Send JOSEPHKING1971 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
sweet

j KING
1 MISS ADDITUDE ELE
1-miss ADDITUDE 1 GO.18 NOT BUILT
1-miss bud 1/12 AQU.18 38 MPH
1-ul1 superior ELECTRIC 55 MPH
HAND BUILT OUT RIGGER ELE
Go to Top of Page

opio

2339 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2009 :  5:33:12 PM  Show Profile  Click to see opio's MSN Messenger address Send opio a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well here we go again, at my slow as heck pace, but I have managed to get a bit of work done.

First I have got my pain in the butt motor mounts all "re-designed" to work for me. So I made some engine rails, there small but effective. Here is the mock up.

I decided that I needed to glass them in after I epoxied them into place. To make sure they stayed were I wanted them, I left the motor mounted and just put the epoxy on the bottom of the rails. After that set up, I removed the motor, and mounts, then epoxied the rest of the rails. I cut some glass tape, to the length of the rails mixed up some epoxy, yes I glassed them with epoxy, and well glassed them in lol.

As you can see it is hard to see the glass. I found that mixing up the epoxy with alcohol makes for a nice smooth finish. I am sure there are many other ways you can do this, but this way worked for me!

Jeremy Glance
District 8 Namba
JAE NR.12
Cajun Bullet CMB RS .21
Miss Veges ST .18
Miss Attitude STS/NR .21

I sweat during peace, so they don't bleed during war.
All gave some, some gave All.
Go to Top of Page

wurster
RTR Pro

USA
605 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2009 :  7:05:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit wurster's Homepage  Send wurster a Yahoo! Message Send wurster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You are going to have problems with the belt starter and fly wheel

Go to Top of Page

rome
RTR Pro

USA
639 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2009 :  8:50:55 PM  Show Profile  Send rome a Yahoo! Message Send rome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
not much room for flywheel and belt it
will be hard to move your belt when starting

Go to Top of Page

opio

2339 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2009 :  9:04:56 PM  Show Profile  Click to see opio's MSN Messenger address Send opio a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not being rude but your both wrong :) Ill get some pic up and show ya in a bit. The motor mounts are taller than they look in the pics. Trust me I checked that over and over lol

Jeremy Glance
District 8 Namba
JAE NR.12
Cajun Bullet CMB RS .21
Miss Veges ST .18
Miss Attitude STS/NR .21

Go to Top of Page

opio

2339 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2009 :  10:00:09 PM  Show Profile  Click to see opio's MSN Messenger address Send opio a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now is she is all but done. I need to get a shaft and that is about it. Here are a few pics for ya Rome and Wurster!

As you can see there is plenty of room there. One thing that I do have to fix is the location that the stuffing tube will come through the hull. The location as it is cut out now is WAY to close. That is due to me moving the engine locating for CG purposes.

Along with getting the engine mounted, I got a few loose ends finished. I mounted my remote needle, insured the placement of my fuel tanks will work, made an area for my exhaust to ride in the hull, and started putting my cowl "hold down" system together. Here are a few more pics.

You ever feel like somebodies watching you?

After I get my stuffing tube in I'll be trying to run her if weather permits. If not I will tear her all down and get her ready for paint, witch will include epoxying then inside. Well there she is for now what do ya think?

Jeremy Glance
District 8 Namba
JAE NR.12
Cajun Bullet CMB RS .21
Miss Veges ST .18
Miss Attitude STS/NR .21

Go to Top of Page

rome
RTR Pro

USA
639 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2009 :  10:00:39 PM  Show Profile  Send rome a Yahoo! Message Send rome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
no it cool i like the mounts i hope it works
if so i might change my mounts that the ones i wanted to use but
everone said they wont work so i hope they do
cant wait to see them done looking great

Go to Top of Page

opio

2339 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2009 :  10:02:32 PM  Show Profile  Click to see opio's MSN Messenger address Send opio a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I must have been posting my last as you posted your last there rome lol

Jeremy Glance
District 8 Namba
JAE NR.12
Cajun Bullet CMB RS .21
Miss Veges ST .18
Miss Attitude STS/NR .21

Go to Top of Page

TC31
RTR Semi Pro

USA
201 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2009 :  06:51:40 AM  Show Profile  Send TC31 an AOL message  Send TC31 a Yahoo! Message Send TC31 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
did you put your carb needle on your radio box?, Or is that just a cool handle to open the box? Or maybe this is just somthing really cool and exciting that I just don't know about yet................ lololol
Go to Top of Page

opio

2339 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2009 :  09:51:47 AM  Show Profile  Click to see opio's MSN Messenger address Send opio a Private Message  Reply with Quote
lol you don't know about it yet. It is a carb needle, called a remote needle. When you get back you will see my carb has nothing like a needle in it. Normally people set these up to be controlled by a servo, but I'm just going to run mine manual for now.

Jeremy Glance
District 8 Namba
JAE NR.12
Cajun Bullet CMB RS .21
Miss Veges ST .18
Miss Attitude STS/NR .21

Go to Top of Page

wurster
RTR Pro

USA
605 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2009 :  10:53:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit wurster's Homepage  Send wurster a Yahoo! Message Send wurster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Look sweet .My engine sits a little lower than yours.

Go to Top of Page

opio

2339 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2009 :  10:59:10 AM  Show Profile  Click to see opio's MSN Messenger address Send opio a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yea wurster mines sits a bit high but I think that I have a fix for that. :)

Jeremy Glance
District 8 Namba
JAE NR.12
Cajun Bullet CMB RS .21
Miss Veges ST .18
Miss Attitude STS/NR .21

Go to Top of Page

TC31
RTR Semi Pro

USA
201 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2009 :  7:04:40 PM  Show Profile  Send TC31 an AOL message  Send TC31 a Yahoo! Message Send TC31 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I asked about it today. Sounds easy. hmmmmm... lol
Go to Top of Page

Rob
CERTIFIED ZONER

USA
1976 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2009 :  8:36:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage  Send Rob a Yahoo! Message Send Rob a Private Message  Reply with Quote
BOOYAAA! Looking good. I learned about acoustical dynamics in regards to the stuffing tubes. opio we can discuss and post. lol
Go to Top of Page

opio

2339 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2009 :  9:42:22 PM  Show Profile  Click to see opio's MSN Messenger address Send opio a Private Message  Reply with Quote
speak engrisch there Rob!! acoustical dynamics???????

Jeremy Glance
District 8 Namba
JAE NR.12
Cajun Bullet CMB RS .21
Miss Veges ST .18
Miss Attitude STS/NR .21

Go to Top of Page

JOSEPHKING1971
RTR Pro

USA
635 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2009 :  9:59:25 PM  Show Profile Send JOSEPHKING1971 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
im thinking it the noise you hear if your tube isnt true and straight

j KING
1 MISS ADDITUDE ELE
1-miss ADDITUDE 1 GO.18 NOT BUILT
1-miss bud 1/12 AQU.18 38 MPH
1-ul1 superior ELECTRIC 55 MPH
HAND BUILT OUT RIGGER ELE
Go to Top of Page

Rob
CERTIFIED ZONER

USA
1976 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2009 :  11:06:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage  Send Rob a Yahoo! Message Send Rob a Private Message  Reply with Quote
yea at the races this weekend I learned a ton.
Go to Top of Page

opio

2339 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2009 :  6:31:10 PM  Show Profile  Click to see opio's MSN Messenger address Send opio a Private Message  Reply with Quote
oh I get it lol, yea i have had my boats scream at me before, and I thought it was coming frim stuffing tube, now I know for sure lol!

Jeremy Glance
District 8 Namba
JAE NR.12
Cajun Bullet CMB RS .21
Miss Veges ST .18
Miss Attitude STS/NR .21

Go to Top of Page

wurster
RTR Pro

USA
605 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2009 :  10:19:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit wurster's Homepage  Send wurster a Yahoo! Message Send wurster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It happened to me once .It was the liner.I took it out and greesed the flex good and it stoped.

Go to Top of Page

opio

2339 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2009 :  12:05:36 AM  Show Profile  Click to see opio's MSN Messenger address Send opio a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Quick up-date, I'm waiting on a fix to a problem I was having, so I've been sanding on her and by God I am going to paint this one!

Jeremy Glance
District 8 Namba
JAE NR.12
Cajun Bullet CMB RS .21
Miss Veges ST .18
Miss Attitude STS/NR .21

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
RTR ZONE © 2000-08 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2