RTR ZONE
RTR ZONE
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MAKE THAT HYDRO FAST
 HYDRO PERFORMANCE ZONE
 Opio's Miss A
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

Billy
CERTIFIED ZONER

USA
3236 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2009 :  10:09:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Billy's Homepage  Send Billy a Yahoo! Message Send Billy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
lol. whats that saying.. you learn somethin new everyday..

BILLY BAD ASS
Sunset Park MBC
1/8 Miss Budweiser zen 26
1/12 Miss Vegas Os.18
1/12 Pro Boat Vegas Killer os.18
Sport 20 hydro Whiplash
MRP Electric Tunnel
Calcraft mono OPS.45
31" Prather mono OS.21
41" Prather mono KB.67
42" Custom Wood John Finch Wild Thing MAC.67
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrRckings
Go to Top of Page

opio

2339 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2009 :  10:25:29 PM  Show Profile  Click to see opio's MSN Messenger address Send opio a Private Message  Reply with Quote
lol yea and usually by mistake...........

Jeremy Glance
District 8 Namba
JAE NR.12
Cajun Bullet CMB RS .21
Miss Veges ST .18
Miss Attitude STS/NR .21

I sweat during peace, so they don't bleed during war.
All gave some, some gave All.
Go to Top of Page

wurster
RTR Pro

USA
605 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2009 :  10:06:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit wurster's Homepage  Send wurster a Yahoo! Message Send wurster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know that doing every thing right will acomplish that opio.LOL I kid.Lets se the power plant and hard were.

Go to Top of Page

opio

2339 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2009 :  1:51:13 PM  Show Profile  Click to see opio's MSN Messenger address Send opio a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, here is my STS .21 with nova rossi p/s and crank, some of you Nevada guy might know BB mods, aka Tommy Dodd, well he built the motor for me and Sent me some video of it just haulin the mail at 60+ mph. The power plant also has a CMDi carb, witch reminds me I need a remote needle lol. One more thing, I don't like the header that is on her at the moment, I will be ordering up a HPI header soon. The new header will hug the block Much closer.

For my pipe Ill be using Dominator pipe for now, we will see how that goes.

Here are the motor mounts that I ordered off ebay

As far as work being done I have the stringers sanded to fit, but I believe that I will extend them the rest of the way to the transom. Or at least 3-4 more inches.

I think the next step for me will be to set up the plumbing ie; fuel system, water in/out, then I need to add the foam so she doesn't sink. Not to mention I need to get my strut, rudder, and trun fin........ After all that I will break her down, glass in the transom, stringers, and engine rails. Then I can sand her down and give her a fresh coat of paint, yes yota I'm going to paint a boat. lol.

Jeremy Glance
District 8 Namba
JAE NR.12
Cajun Bullet CMB RS .21
Miss Veges ST .18
Miss Attitude STS/NR .21

Go to Top of Page

opio

2339 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2009 :  11:27:44 PM  Show Profile  Click to see opio's MSN Messenger address Send opio a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I did a bit more work tonight, started off by getting a few basic layout ideas worked out(concerning cg). I decided to cut away some for the deck to make a bit more room. Also I removed a section of the deck on the rear of the boat to have room to install my strut under the hull. Also there are a few pic's of my "layout" for this ride.

Jeremy Glance
District 8 Namba
JAE NR.12
Cajun Bullet CMB RS .21
Miss Veges ST .18
Miss Attitude STS/NR .21

Go to Top of Page

wurster
RTR Pro

USA
605 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2009 :  12:44:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit wurster's Homepage  Send wurster a Yahoo! Message Send wurster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sweet cant waite to so her done.

Go to Top of Page

rome
RTR Pro

USA
639 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2009 :  3:18:22 PM  Show Profile  Send rome a Yahoo! Message Send rome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
looking great i was going to put 2 tanks but went with 1

Go to Top of Page

wurster
RTR Pro

USA
605 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2009 :  6:46:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit wurster's Homepage  Send wurster a Yahoo! Message Send wurster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I turned my tank so the in let is facing the back of the boat.that way as im runing it will get all of the fuel.

Go to Top of Page

rome
RTR Pro

USA
639 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2009 :  7:06:06 PM  Show Profile  Send rome a Yahoo! Message Send rome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
on my tank 8 oz du bro the copper tubes that come with is longer than i
need do you cut them or what do you push them in the tank
and you do hook to muffler tube right

Edited by - rome on 07/17/2009 7:08:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

opio

2339 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2009 :  11:55:50 PM  Show Profile  Click to see opio's MSN Messenger address Send opio a Private Message  Reply with Quote
rome, what you will end up with is one tube in the bottom left corner of the tank for the pick up, and yes you will need to bend it but make sure it is a nice smooth bend not 90*, and the second tube will be ran to the top right, the second one will be hooked to the exhaust for pressure.

Jeremy Glance
District 8 Namba
JAE NR.12
Cajun Bullet CMB RS .21
Miss Veges ST .18
Miss Attitude STS/NR .21

Go to Top of Page

opio

2339 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2009 :  12:38:16 AM  Show Profile  Click to see opio's MSN Messenger address Send opio a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Worked a little more on her tonight, started getting my foam in the hull. Also I mocked up the engine rails that came with the kit, seems to be a lot of extra wood there, I'm thinking that I will be cutting these down a bunch, but I need to wait for my motor mounts.

Jeremy Glance
District 8 Namba
JAE NR.12
Cajun Bullet CMB RS .21
Miss Veges ST .18
Miss Attitude STS/NR .21

Go to Top of Page

opio

2339 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2009 :  11:22:26 PM  Show Profile  Click to see opio's MSN Messenger address Send opio a Private Message  Reply with Quote
that is a SICK MA

Jeremy Glance
District 8 Namba
JAE NR.12
Cajun Bullet CMB RS .21
Miss Veges ST .18
Miss Attitude STS/NR .21

Go to Top of Page

chop
RTR Novice

Canada
86 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2009 :  08:30:19 AM  Show Profile Send chop a Private Message  Reply with Quote
cool video ,but you didn't show the gps results?
Go to Top of Page

opio

2339 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2009 :  6:57:10 PM  Show Profile  Click to see opio's MSN Messenger address Send opio a Private Message  Reply with Quote
bryon its on a different vid in his (the boat owner) youtube!

Jeremy Glance
District 8 Namba
JAE NR.12
Cajun Bullet CMB RS .21
Miss Veges ST .18
Miss Attitude STS/NR .21

Go to Top of Page

opio

2339 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2009 :  8:54:44 PM  Show Profile  Click to see opio's MSN Messenger address Send opio a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well had a kitchen pass so I had a chance to put in some work. My new motor mounts showed up today so I got them all mounted up!

fresh out the box:

mounted to motor:

So what I did to make my motor mount rails was 1st: tack them together with some CA (so every thing is the exact same on both sides). 2nd: drew out how I wanted them to be shaped. 3rd: cut out the shape and sanded to clean up the edges. 4th: laid-out where I wanted the mounting holes to go and drilled them. 5th: put it all together! Also this shows where I believe I will mount my fuel tank or tanks.

Also here are a few shots of my strut. My strut is just sitting there. I need to trim it as you can see and secure the mounting pads to the hull.

One more thing, I have taken out the pink foam I was going to use for her, but I think I will go back to the ol'trusty pool noodles.

Jeremy Glance
District 8 Namba
JAE NR.12
Cajun Bullet CMB RS .21
Miss Veges ST .18
Miss Attitude STS/NR .21

Edited by - opio on 07/25/2009 8:56:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

rome
RTR Pro

USA
639 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2009 :  9:07:55 PM  Show Profile  Send rome a Yahoo! Message Send rome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
looking great keep up the good work

Go to Top of Page

wurster
RTR Pro

USA
605 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2009 :  11:38:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit wurster's Homepage  Send wurster a Yahoo! Message Send wurster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
shes looking real goog brother almost got me scared.LOL

Go to Top of Page

opio

2339 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2009 :  12:13:11 AM  Show Profile  Click to see opio's MSN Messenger address Send opio a Private Message  Reply with Quote
lol don't be scared IF mine is faster and that's a big IF, then we will just have to fix yours!!!!!

Jeremy Glance
District 8 Namba
JAE NR.12
Cajun Bullet CMB RS .21
Miss Veges ST .18
Miss Attitude STS/NR .21

Go to Top of Page

wurster
RTR Pro

USA
605 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2009 :  12:03:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit wurster's Homepage  Send wurster a Yahoo! Message Send wurster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If your faster ill give mine away and just plat with pool toys .LOL I hope ther close tho i wana have some one to run with.

Go to Top of Page

wurster
RTR Pro

USA
605 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2009 :  12:05:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit wurster's Homepage  Send wurster a Yahoo! Message Send wurster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How you seal the bottom with the strut going throuh it?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
RTR ZONE © 2000-08 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2